Protecting God’s Children

How to Report Abuse

How to Report Abuse

If you have been sexually abused by a friar, employee, or volunteer of the Franciscan Friars of St. John the Baptist Province, or if you have information about sexual abuse and misconduct against children and vulnerable adults, the Province urges that you contact:

  1. Your local law enforcement authorities:
  2. The Victim Assistance Office of your local Archdiocese or Diocese.
  3. The Office for the Protection of Children of the Province of St. John the Baptist:

Pastoral Outreach Office
Angelica Jochim, MFT
Victims Assistance Coordinator
P. O. Box 1137
Sebastopol, CA 95473
Toll free: 1-800-440-8013

Reporting abuse is difficult and painful. Rest assured, this process is safe, confidential, and compassionate.  We are hopeful that it begins the healing process for you and your family and brings some measure of peace and resolution.  Our Province delegate will take your report and respond with the utmost compassion and respect. He will also explain the Province’s supportive services available to you and your family. Your call and the information you provide will be confidential to the extent that civil law allows.  The Province is mandated under its zero-tolerance policies and procedures to report allegations and claims of sexual abuse to law enforcement and prosecutorial agencies in the county where the abuse occurred.

You are never alone in this process.  Finding peace and healing is possible.